Smoke, Fog, and Lighting Effects
- All scenes involving smoke, fog or lighting effects must be approved in advance by your instructor and Production Services.
- When creating smoke or fog effects on any set, use the minimum concentration necessary to achieve the desired effect.
- When smoke or fog effects are created on an interior set, periodically ventilate or exhaust the stage or give all persons and animals a break away from the stage at appropriate intervals.
- All non-essential personnel must be excluded from any interior set when smoke or fog effects are used.
- When using smoke on an interior set on location, you must provide a means to exhaust or ventilate the set.
- When smoke or fog effects are going to be created on any set, notify all personnel ahead of time as to use and type. Note all smoke and fog effects on the call sheet with the appropriate safety bulletin attached.