The FV Project Form
The FV Project Form is the first step toward making equipment or facilities reservations for your project, ensuring you have the resources and information you need for a successful production or installation. Completing this form will help you plan and prepare for your upcoming production, whether it be a thesis project, individual project, or class assignment.
How to Complete the FV Project Form
- Please fill out the FV Project Form at least one (1) week prior to any type of production. Please answer all of the questions on the FV Project Form, to the best of your knowledge, after discussing the project with your mentor or faculty advisor.
- Once you have completed an FV Project Form, Production Services will notify you within a few business days regarding the approval status of your project. Production Services may also reach out to you to arrange a short meeting to discuss your project in more detail.
- Upon completion of an FV Project Form, you will receive a Unique ID number for your project. Please save this Unique ID number. You can use this Unique ID to expedite the process for filling out the FV Cage Equipment Reservation Form and/or FV Production/Installation Reservation Form.
- Once you’ve completed an FV Project Form, you can fill out an FV Cage Equipment Reservation Form or FV Production/Installation Reservation Form, depending on the needs for your project.
- Keep in mind that reservation requests will not be approved until your FV Project Form is approved by Production Services.
Students using their own equipment must submit an FV Project Form for any projects related to the School of Film/Video.
Save Your Unique ID Number
Each time you submit an FV Project Form, you will receive a confirmation email with a PDF attachment that includes your Unique ID number. You can find the Unique ID number in the subject line of the email:
Alternatively, you can find the Unique ID number in the PDF attached to the confirmation email. Open the email and scroll down until you can see the PDF attachment. Click on the downward arrow icon to download this PDF. It is recommended that you save the PDF for easy future reference.
Once you have downloaded and opened the PDF attachment, you can find your Unique ID on Page 1 in the top left corner:
It is recommended that you keep this Unique ID in a handy place. Each time you fill out an FV Cage Equipment Reservation Form or Production/Installation Facilities Reservation Form, you can enter your Unique ID to help you save time and skip over questions you have already answered on your FV Project Form.
Reserving Equipment and Facilities
Once you’ve completed your FV Project Form and have received your Unique ID number, you’re ready to apply to reserve FV Cage equipment and/or FV Production/Installation facilities and equipment by filling out the forms below. Keep in mind that the equipment or facilities you are requesting to reserve may not be available.
For very simple projects or class assignments, you may not need to complete an FV Project Form. If you don’t have a Unique ID number for your project, you can answer some simple questions about your project on the FV Cage Equipment Reservation and Production/Installation Reservation forms that will help you determine if you do need to complete an FV Project form first.