Return Shipping Instructions – NEC Display
It’s time to return the NEC Display sent to you by the School of Film/Video and we want to ensure that it arrives back at CalArts safely. A return label and some basic instructions are included in the packaging, but this article takes you step-by-step through the process of packing and shipping the Display. To make packing easy, we have numbered the various pieces of bubble-wrap.
Once you’ve shipped your NEC Display, please email us at email@example.com so we can track its progress back to CalArts.
Packing Your NEC Display
- Open the purple flap on the FedEx pouch and remove the old shipping label.
- Remove the return label from the envelope.
- Place the return label in the pouch, making sure all of the shipping information is visible. Seal the flap on the pouch closed.
- If there is no FedEx pouch, attach the label directly to the box by covering it with several strips of clear packing tape.
- Move the lever on the back of the monitor stand to the left to unlock it. Fully lower the display, then move the lever to the right to lock it in the lowered position.
- Use tape at each corner to attach the flat piece of cardboard over the screen to protect it. Using the clear packing tape for this is fine if you don’t have painter’s tape.
- Place the bubble wrap in the box as shown:
- Large bundle #1 is on the bottom.
- #2 rolls are on the far left and right.
- #3 and #4 rolls are next to the #2 rolls.
- #11 roll is at the top.
- #10 roll is just below #11.
#1 and #8 are the same size and are interchangeable; #3 and #4 are the same size and are interchangeable.
- Carefully place the monitor in the box, with the top of the display just below roll #11. Roll #10 will be behind the display, just above the top of the monitor stand.
- Press roll #9 into place below the monitor stand.
- Place pad #8 on top. Press it carefully into the box.
- Pull the side box flaps towards each other.
- Pull the top and bottom box flaps together. You may need someone to help you with this, to get the seam closed as much as possible.
- Attach one end of the packing tape to the far side of the box, about 6” from the top. Pull the tape up, over, and across the the top of the box, pressing the top closed as you go.
- Tape all the way across the box, closing it, and bring the tape over and down the side about 6” (or until you run into the shipping label).
- Tape lengthwise along the top seam, starting on one side of the box, running it all the way across, and down the other side.
- Be sure the seam is completely covered. Use multiple layers of tape if needed.
- Tape over the edge seams of the box as well. Check the entire box, and make sure all seams are fully taped.
Shipping Your NEC Display
Ship your package one of three ways:
- Use your regular scheduled pickup, if you have one.
- Drop off at FedEx. Find your closest location at
- fedex.com/locate, or
- call 1 (800) GoFedEx [1 (800) 463-3339].
- Schedule a pickup. No account number required but label information may be needed. Go to
- fedex.com/returnpickup, or
- call 1 (800) GoFedEx [1 (800) 463-3339] and say: “Return Manager”