Return Shipping Instructions – Mac Pro
It’s time to return the Mac Pro sent to you by the School of Film/Video and we want to ensure that it arrives back at CalArts safely. A return label and some basic instructions are included in the packaging, but this article takes you step-by-step through the process of packing and shipping the Mac Pro.
Once you’ve shipped your Mac Pro, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can track its progress back to CalArts.
Packing Your Mac Pro
- Open the purple flap on the FedEx pouch, and remove the old shipping label.
- Remove the return label from the envelope.
- Place the return label in the pouch, making sure all of the shipping information is visible. Seal the flap on the pouch closed.
- If there is no FedEx pouch, attach the label directly to the box by covering it with several strips of clear packing tape.
- Roll out the long piece of bubble wrap onto a table or the floor, smooth-side down. Place the Mac Pro at one end.
- Carefully roll the Mac Pro up in the bubble wrap, keeping the bubble wrap tight, and the Mac Pro centered top-to-bottom.
- When you reach the end, put a piece of tape over the end of the bubble wrap to keep it from unrolling.
- Place the Mac Pro’s power cord in the box. Keep the plug ends along one of the long edges, in the corner.
- Place the Mac Pro in the box. Slide it to one end of the box, leaving a gap.
- Push one of the flat pieces of bubble wrap into the gap.
- Push the Mac Pro towards the other end of the box, leaving a gap on the other side.
- Push the other flat piece of bubble wrap into the new gap.
- Press the bubble wrap down into the gaps so that you can close the box.
- Close the box, bringing the seams tight together, and tape them shut.
- Check the entire box, and make sure all seams are fully taped.
Shipping Your Mac Pro
Ship your package one of three ways:
- Use your regular scheduled pickup, if you have one.
- Drop off at FedEx. Find your closest location at
- fedex.com/locate, or
- call 1 (800) GoFedEx [1 (800) 463-3339].
- Schedule a pickup. No account number required but label information may be needed. Go to
- fedex.com/returnpickup, or
- call 1 (800) GoFedEx [1 (800) 463-3339] and say: “Return Manager”