Producers’ Show Participant Instructions
These instructions apply only to films that are participating in the 2023 Producers’ Show.
Deadline for films selected for the 2023 Producers’ Show
All revised Producers’ Show Films are due at 12:00 Noon (Pacific Time), Friday, April 28, 2023.
All films that are accepted into the Producers’ Show are required to have a sound mix. Sound mixes will be scheduled by Daniel Eaton after the film list has been posted. He will contact Producers’ Show participants with specific mix times. Mixes are currently expected to take place starting Monday, April 24, and concluding Thursday, April 27, 2023.
If you want to make any revisions to your film for the Producers’ Show:
- It’s ok to finish coloring animation, fix any compositing problems, and make improvements to your soundtrack (including music).
- If you need to tighten the editing a little bit, that’s ok – but not if it alters the structure or story of your film.
- Credits can be extended to be more reasonable in length (e.g. by an additional 3-5 seconds).
- Any changes made to your film must be completed prior to your sound mix with Daniel Eaton (email@example.com).
- Check spelling, punctuation and capitalization of names and titles.
- Email Maija Burnett (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Nathan Strum (email@example.com) with any questions.
You are not allowed to:
- Make significant editorial, story, timing or content changes.
- Increase the length of your film (except as noted above for credits).
On Monday April 24, 2023 all Producers’ Show participants will be sent a new Google Drive link for uploading their films. Even if you have made no revisions to your film since the Open Show, please upload your film so we’re certain we have the right version of it.
Daniel Eaton will be providing the final sound files to us directly. We will layback the final mixes onto all films. Please do not remove the audio from your film. We use it as reference for the layback.
Films may be submitted as soon as the Google Drive links are received, but only submit your film when you have finished revising it. We will not accept resubmissions, unless we specifically request them.
If any revised films miss the Producers’ Show deadline, we will use the Open Show versions of the films instead.
These are the same as for the Open Show.